This course will require students to do the following:
- Analyze scripts and prepare an approach to the material.
- Audition and cast actors who will best serve the script and the director’s vision.
- Plan shot selection and coverage that will best express the narrative intent of each scene and the importance of each scene in telling the story.
- Maximize post-production results.
- Plan and utilize all production elements available to insure maximum results.
- Lighting, sound, sets and/or locations, set dressing and props, wardrobe and makeup.
Since the film director depends on the successful cooperation of many different creative individuals with possibly strongly contradicting artistic ideals and visions, he or she will learn conflict resolution skills in order to mediate whenever necessary.
Upon completion of this program, students will be introduced to the fundamentals of directing a narrative/film.